Peek Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SureshKumar
Participant

Peek Stage

Post by SureshKumar »

How do I include the Peek stage ?
santhu
Participant

Re: Peek Stage

Post by santhu »

Suresh,

Can you be more eloborative about your requirement and why you want to use Peek Stage in DS PX environment?

Peek Stage can have 1 input and N outputs. It's mainly used to output / print the input dataset data while being copied into output dataset into the job log or different output file.

So peek stage is useful during Debugging / monitoring.

Hope this helps. :)
SureshKumar
Participant

Post by SureshKumar »

[quote="santhu"]Suresh,

Can you be more eloborative about your requirement and why you want to use Peek Stage in DS PX environment?

Peek Stage can have 1 input and N outputs. It's mainly used to output / print the input dataset data while being copied into output dataset into the job log or different output file.

So peek stage is useful during Debugging / monitoring.

Hope this helps. :)[/Thanks Santhu, I wanted to include this stage in one of the jobs, precisely as you said for debugging purpose ]
santhu
Participant

Post by santhu »

It should be one of the stages in the pallete in the DS Designer. It's available only if you have DS Enterprise Edition license ( PX license). :!:
SureshKumar
Participant

Thanks Santhu

Post by SureshKumar »

We don't have a license for PX so I think I am unable to view the stage
santhu
Participant

Re: Thanks Santhu

Post by santhu »

The stages visible in the DS PX edition / Enterprise edition license are very different / new from the normal DS Server Edition.

Regds,
Santhosh S
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

And, as the OP has discovered, unable to be used in any fashion without a license for that particular product. You can sometimes find references to XE/390 stages in the online help for Server, for example the Lookup Stage. It does tend to confuse people, occasionally making them think they have access to something when in fact they do not.

I don't believe any parts of PX show up in a Server install, however. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers