Trace runtime information - where is it ?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

raj_cipher
Participant

Trace runtime information - where is it ?

Post by raj_cipher »

Hi,

While going thru the help i find out that there is a option called
"Trace runtime information" .
I don't know where is it & how to use it ?Could any one help me on this regard .
And one more doubt: How to copile in trace mode ?
Think Ahead,
Raj.D
santhu
Participant

Re: Trace runtime information - where is it ?

Post by santhu »

Hi Raj,

Based on your below message, I think you are trying to understand Server Side Tracing. :?:

Once you enable Server side tracing for troubleshooting, the performance will be affected. A message called "Respository Interface Tracing is enabled" message comes up when you connect to the project through the DS clients.

Server Side Tracing can be enabled on "TRACING" tab in the selected job properties. This is mainly used to trace the client problems. The complete flow of a job running from the server's perspective is stored in the Server Trace files.

You can view the Trace files in the same "TRACING" tab in the selected project properties after you execute the job.

Regards,
Santhosh S
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Alternately the help could be referring to stage tracing.
This is enabled for one run only in Director, under Tools > Options (select the Tracing tab - and you can set different tracing levels for different active stages).
These trace files are in the &PH& directory on the server, and have names that include "Trace".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.