How to send Values to Unix Script During execution of a Job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sck
Participant

How to send Values to Unix Script During execution of a Job

Post by sck »

Hi All,
How do we send Input values to a Unix Scripting be that has to be given after a transformer. I know that has to be given in Stage Variable properties but we have ExecSH command and we have input box beside, in a transformer. But can I give a values coming out of a tranformer of a Job? If so how do I do that?

Thank You very much.

Krishna
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome to the forum.

In the Transformer stage you can access the stage properties by right-clicking in the grey background.
This is where you can invoke ExecSH as an after-stage subroutine; what you put in the InputValue field is the command to be executed.

Can you be a bit more specific about what "values" you want to output, and how you plan to capture them into a "UNIX script"? A script that starts a DataStage job does not receive any output from that DataStage job; all that the dsjob command does is issue a request to run the job; the job is actually run in a spawned child process, and its output is directed to a file in the &PH& directory. So what you think might be possible may not, in fact, be as easy as you envisage!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.