Server Installation problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sajohal
Participant

Server Installation problem

Post by sajohal »

Hello everybody,

I've successfully installed the client v6.0.1 but having difficulty installing the server on the same machine under Windows environment (OS is Win 200 v5). I'm getting the following error messages when attempting to run the Administrator:

Error calling subroutine: *DataStage*DSR.ADMIN (Action=10); check DataStage is set up correctly in project UV
(Subroutine failed to complete successfully (30107))

Error calling subroutine: *DataStage*DSR.ADMIN (Action=12); check DataStage is set up correctly in project UV
(Subroutine failed to complete successfully (30107))

Access on this host has been temporarily restricted to Administrators only, until there is at least 1 project

I then get the following error message when attempting to run Designer:

Failed to connect to host: project: UV
(The Universe license has expired (39121))

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

Regards,
Sanjeev
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What user are you doing the Server install as? UNIX server installs have prerequisites, have you checked the README to see if there are any for a Windows server install?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
crouse
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by crouse »

Sounds like you didn't create at least one project during the install. You may try un-installing the server then re-installing, this time creating one project, like "dev". It can always be deleted later if you don't want it.

Seems like there used to be some connection, during install, between creating the first project and the creation of the template that DS uses to create subsequent projects.

My $.02
Craig Rouse
Griffin Resouces, Inc
www.griffinresources.com
sajohal
Participant

Post by sajohal »

Craig,

I'm installing as a user with local admin rights & no there isn't any pre-requisites for Windows installation.

By the way, when trying to install the server it prompts you to create a new project. Once selected the status bar disappears after saying it has completed 33% of the way which is odd anyway, especially more so since this new project directory does not get created.

Any other questions I should be asking myself?

PS. I already had Datastage client & server installed on this machine but am now having to re-install since the license keys have ran out and with the previous installation I'd already created several projects......could this explain why I've been having the other problem when running the designer:

Failed to connect to host: project: UV
(The Universe license has expired (39121))

As always, you're help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards
Sanj
sajohal
Participant

Post by sajohal »

Please ignoere all previous comments I've been stupid, I didn't have my local admin rights...........duh.

However how do I get back my other projects that I'd created before the
old license had expired. They still sit in the default directory but I cannot see it in using Administrator or in designer/manager.

Thank you.

Regards
Sanj