viewing metadata of a hashed file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

varshanswamy
Participant

viewing metadata of a hashed file

Post by varshanswamy »

I would like to know how to view the meta data in a hashed file. thankz in advance.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

I assume you mean a DS hash file, and not a Universe/Unidata hash file. There are two ways:

1. Go look at the job that creates and populates the hash file. As a courtesy, save the definition into the DS Manager library.

2. Import hash file metadata using DS Manager to get it into the library if you can't save it from the originating job.

Keep in mind, hash files have NO ENFORCED STRUCTURE other than non-null primary key. So, two jobs can write to the same hash file using different metadata structures and THIS IS OKAY. You must know the metadata for the rows that interest you.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There will be a problem if you want to import the metadata from a hashed file that has been created in a directory, rather than in an account.

The problem is that the import process needs a reference in the project to the hashed file. This can be created by the SETFILE command. Search the forum for this one.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.