ComileAll missing mlistx.ocx

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

lebos
Participant

ComileAll missing mlistx.ocx

Post by lebos »

I'm attempting to execute compileall. It complains that mlistx.ocx or one of its components is missing or invalid or not setup right. Unix server is AIX 5.1. Windows is Windows 2000 Professional. DataStage is 5.2.

Any help will be appreciated.

Larry
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

don't blame AIX, it is a local pc problem. Check if mlist.ocx is present on your PC and the register it (HowTo: Look into your Windows Administration Handbook).

Maybe you have installed the product without have administration mode set on your PC.

Try to reinstall as Administrator after having uninstalled the programm.

Maybe if you succeed in registering mlist.ocx, that at the next start the programm asks for the next ocx.

Wolfgang
lebos
Participant

Post by lebos »

Wolfgang,

Thanks for your response, but when you say install the product as administrator, which product are you talking about? I have CompileAll on another PC and did not install it as administrator and it works fine there.

Maybe mlistx.ocx belongs to a product (Visual C++?) that is missing? I don't whether milstx.ocx is on the PC or not as the administrator has the C drive hidden from us mere mortals here and I can't even look for it!

Larry
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Suggest you pick up CompileAllPlus from the old site:

http://www.datastagexchange.com/compileall.php

Still free from there, as far as I know.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
lebos
Participant

Post by lebos »

I just tried with CompileAll Plus as suggested. The message now is:

"Component 'msflxgrd.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

One thought I have is that maybe CompileAll needs to installed in the same drive/directory as is the DataStage client? If so, I will have to reinstall the client as it is now on my C drive (which I do not have access to).