ORABULK

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gulshanr
Participant

ORABULK

Post by gulshanr »

I am new to Datstage, Can anyone help me in using ORABULK stage. I have to load file in to Oracle Database (9.x). Any help on this will be highly appreciated.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

What do you want to know? Have you read your documentation available under the client software on your Start button?
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
gulshanr
Participant

OraBulk

Post by gulshanr »

Thanks for your reply.
I want to knwo how to use this stage. I have create aInput File stage which is input to Transformation stage and then it is input to ORABULK stage. I am wondering, How will it load the data directly to table.
As per Documentation, I need to go SQLLDR... is it true?? If yes then what actually is required.

kcbland wrote:What do you want to know? Have you read your documentation available under the client software on your Start button?
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Search this forum, it's been covered in depth how this stage works. In a nutshell, it writes a data file (very slowly) and a control file. You will need to execute sqlldr and give it the control file, credentials, etc. to load the table. One good suggestion is a generic script that accepts a control file and credentials and executes sqlldr and looks at the return codes.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The ORABULK stage was created as an active stage type which, among other things, means that it supports the concept of an after-stage subroutine.
You can set this up to invoke ExecSH, and put your entire sqlldr command line into the Input Value field.
Or you could invoke a shell script (using the same method) and have that shell script execute sqlldr. This will allow you to incorporate other control mechanisms, such as not putting the password on the command line!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.