Sequencer job OK Link

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

holgi02
Participant

Post by holgi02 »

What I meant by "less visible" is that the custom trigger has 2 conditions under which the link fires and to get at the exact condition you would have to crack open the stage and view the condition code. Using the "Out of the box" triggers, 2 of them, gives you visibility on the canvas of exactly what conditions fire the next activity.

I do agree that with good naming and annotation and custom colours on the links the meaning can be made clear as well - and we all annotate and name everything clearly don't we?:wink:

This discussion could go on forever and get into the "Best Practices" realm for Job Sequences - I've said too much and it's tea-time here in the UK so I'll leave it to you chaps in the next time zone.

Cheers,

Gil.
JDionne
Participant

Post by JDionne »

Wow get stuck in the snow and your thread goes crazy. I did learn some good stuff about custom trigers though :)
thanks for all the imput
Jim
Sure I need help....But who dosent?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Next thing ya know, you'll have circles around your trash can again! :lol:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
JDionne
Participant

Post by JDionne »

chulett wrote:Next thing ya know, you'll have circles around your trash can again! :lol:

OH REALY!!!!! I CANT WAIT!!!!!!
:)

Jim
Sure I need help....But who dosent?