Scheduled Job Never Runs!!!

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Triton46
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Triton46 »

Anyone have any other ideas? One of the guys in our group says that we do have access to cron and at (I'm still having corportate IT check it out). Anything I can try to test?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Have you opened a case with Support? Make sure they have the specific error you mentioned earlier.

The other thing to try is what ogmios suggested - bump the T30FILES parameter up if you have alot of projects/jobs/users on one server. You should be able to scare up the process to do this by searching the forum. You will need everyone off to do this and then do a UV regen to 'make it so'.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Triton46
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Triton46 »

Yes, I do have a ticket open with support. We are both waiting to hear back from our corporate IT on whether the user can access AT and Cron.
Triton46
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Triton46 »

Well, corporate verified that the user account does have cron priviledge. I tried a different account, that also has access to datastage, and I was able to schedule and run the job. So, there must be something wrong with the permissions in unix for the first account.

But what else could it be?

A user only needs access to datastage, be part of the group, and have cron/at access to schedule and run a job? Datastage support doesn't know what is wrong.
ariear
Participant

Post by ariear »

I had a case with sceduling on AIX with DS 4.2 and the problem was using csh instead of ksh as the default shell for the user that's scheduling the job