DataStage XML Editor in VS.NET

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

peternolan9
Participant

DataStage XML Editor in VS.NET

Post by peternolan9 »

Hi All,
I've just joined this forum and I thought I'd start on the right foot by contributing....

Ever had to make the same change to a lot of jobs? Like trim tailing blanks?

I did, so I wrote a vb.net program that reads and exposes all the datastage elements in an xlmdocument.

Saved us a very unhappy datastage developer...the one who would have had to make the 800+ changes!!!

The source code is at the link below.

http://pws.prserv.net/ieinet.pnolan/dow ... SXML01.zip

Of course, you can change the code to apply any edit you want.

(I posted this on oliver but I thought it would be useful to put a permanent post here...)
Best Regards
Peter Nolan
www.peternolan.com
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
Welcome aboard :)
this is a refreshing change, a first post here to contribute not ask for help :shock: (j/k)
and a welcome change it is ;)
sounds interesting.
and thanks for sharing :)
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
tomengers
Participant

Post by tomengers »

Peter !!!!! Welcome !!!! For those who are not subscribed to DWLIST (THE data warehousing forum), Peter is one of their heavyweight "Inner Circle" gurus. We are very pleased to have your (future) input. :D

... tom
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hmm.. DWLIST? Something new to check out. A quick google turned it up at http://www.datawarehousing.com/list.asp in case anyone else needs the URL.
Last edited by chulett on Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
peternolan9
Participant

Post by peternolan9 »

Tom,
thank you for the warm welcome. I've been on oliver for what seems like years now. I don't know why I have not joined DSXchange before now.

I'm lucky enough to have Thomas Nel as my DS Guru on my current project so he's been asking all the questions......we are just about to fire up our new sun 12K production cluster so I think we will have some questions and hopefully we can also provide some input to this forum.

(You may not realise it but I used to work for Ardent as the Professional Services Manager in my region. After the IFMX purchase I went back into the field working on our largest two consulting deals where for some reason (that still escapes me) I became something of a DS expert.)

tomengers wrote:Peter !!!!! Welcome !!!! For those who are not subscribed to DWLIST (THE data warehousing forum), Peter is one of their heavyweight "Inner Circle" gurus. We are very pleased to have your (future) input. :D

... tom
Best Regards
Peter Nolan
www.peternolan.com
Editor

Post by Editor »

Welcome Peter,

This forum is always happy to receive new members and certainly happy to have those that share first, ask second. As Editor, I would be interested in your feedback and suggestions on our format, content and process as an experienced forum 'dweller'.

Again, welcome and thanks for your contribution

Dennis James, Editor DSX