row count in dataset

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kamesh
Participant

row count in dataset

Post by kamesh »

Hi
Pls can any one help me how to find the row count in data set.if need to use transformer or any other stage is also ok with me
Thanks
kamesh
Teej
Participant

Re: row count in dataset

Post by Teej »

kamesh wrote:Hi
Pls can any one help me how to find the row count in data set.if need to use transformer or any other stage is also ok with me
Thanks
kamesh
You could use the counter with the Stage Variable. You can build a buildop to count it. You could observe the link's count on a simple dataset -> copy job. You could use the Dataset Administrator (Designer & Director) to do the simple math. The list goes on...

What do you want to use the count for?

-T.J.
Developer of DataStage Parallel Engine (Orchestrate).
praj
Participant

Post by praj »

"You could use the counter with the Stage Variable." ...seems to be most tempting and easy solution. But this will blow up as u add configuration file to ur job(which u will). Just add 2*2 or 4*4 config file and c the result.
bigpoppa
Participant

row count in dataset

Post by bigpoppa »

Do OUTROWNUM and INROWNUM work in PX's transform? If so, that would be the way to get a row count. For a total record count of a dataset, use a 'dsrecords'.