FOLDER STAGE

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

abder1
Participant

FOLDER STAGE

Post by abder1 »

I did a job that contains a stream built of 3 stages:a folder stage, a transformer and a sequential stage. The purpose of that job is to copy the files that exist within the folder to a sequential file. The job works fine. However, when I try to perform a view data on the sequential file I got a warning message:
invalid quotes, row 1 column fcontent = " 6|ABB Switzerland Ltd |16761 Henningdorf | CH")is the most discusting.

I tried different samples of files and I always get this message on the first row!!!

All my files have the same format, they are all pipe delimited and do not have quotes in any record!!!

Any clue on how to fix this warning? Thanks!
raju_chvr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: FOLDER STAGE

Post by raju_chvr »

First of all Let me do the Honors of welcoming you to this Forum.

Welcome ! :)

Coming to ur post did you mention the extension of the files and did you define the first column in the stage as 'Key'
abder1
Participant

Post by abder1 »

Thank you raju_chvr

Yes, I cheked the first column as a key in the folder stage. However, I haven't used any extension for the files. Where should I set this info?
raju_chvr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by raju_chvr »

I don't have ur version 6.X of DS. But it is in Outputs->Properties
in DS 5.X

I believe it shld be in OUTPUTS in 6.X also..

Good Luck !! IHTH
abder1
Participant

Post by abder1 »

The problem has been fixed by setting the quote character to 000 in the format tab.

Thanks