Compiling Routines ... ??

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tomengers
Participant

Compiling Routines ... ??

Post by tomengers »

Hi folks ...

I've got a rookie error here, but I can't get past it: when I use KeyMgtGetNextValueConcurrent in a Transform stage it fails. So I go look at it and press Test. I get <<ERROR>>. Huh. So maybe it needs a compile, but the Compile button is grayed out. So I make a copy of it which enables the Compile button, once compiled it works fine (so there's a secondary question here: do all Routines need an initial compile?).

So must I now live with this routine now named "XXKeyMgtGetNextValueConcurrent" (which means I need to fuss with the related Transform too)??? I would like to delete the original, but it is read only and delete (and rename) is disallowed.

There must be a stupidly easy answer for this, but I can't figure it out.

thanks ...

... tom
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Since they come with the install, they are already compiled. Somehow you lost the compilation. This was covered on the forum within the last couple of months, I did a quick search but didn't find it. There's no need to compile SDK routines so it's nothing you didn't do. Somehow the compiled logic was blown away. Try searching a little bit, I know we covered this, but don't remember the root cause.

You could update the routines to not be marked as read-only and then compile them and then set them back to read-only. You can search how to do this also, I think Kim covered this in a post a while back.

Good luck!
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Covered this off line with Tom.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
phanee_k
Charter Member
Charter Member

Failed to Test Harness

Post by phanee_k »

Hi,
I wrote a routine to word wrap a string to 40 characters.
Initially it worked fine.
Recently I tried testing the routine.
Now I am getting error as 'Failed to Test Harness'
I am unable to find the root cause for this.
Can you give me a solution to resolve this issue.

Phani
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Please post the logic.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Messages about "harness" usually relate to the "on the fly" test program that is written to test your routine when you click the "Run" or "Run All" button.
Are you running out of disk space, or have unusual permissions, in the project directory, particularly the DSU_BP and DSU_BP.O directories?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.