Help! Help! Help!

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dhiraj
Participant

Help! Help! Help!

Post by dhiraj »

Hi,

I'm having a problem in saving my jobs. when ever i try to save a job which uses a particular table as input source(IN SQL SERVER 2000 USING ODBC STAGE) It gives me an error message which is given below.

Error calling subroutine: DSR_RECORD (Action=2); check DataStage is set up correctly in project Development
(Internal Error (81021)).

I've tried recreating the table with a different name, and then referring that table in my job.But the problem persists.

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME IN THIS REGARD.

thanks

Dhiraj
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Are you saying that the act of saving a job is generating this message? How about saving other jobs, do you have the same problem?

Why do you mention the ODBC stage as the problem? Does the job save fine up until you add an ODBC stage? I'm confused as to where your problem begins.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
dhiraj
Participant

Post by dhiraj »

yes, this message is generated when i try saving my job.I don't have any problems while saving other jobs.
I mentioned ODBC because the job works fine until i refer to a particular table ,say "a"using an odbc stage.when i refer to any other table(apart from table "a") using the ODBC it works fine.I've also tried recreating the table in the database with a different name, but problem persists.

kcbland wrote:Are you saying that the act of saving a job is generating this message? How about saving other jobs, do you have the same problem?

Why do you mention the ODBC stage as the problem? Does the job save fine up until you add an ODBC stage? I'm confused as to where your problem begins.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
it sounds to me that trying to view thru that ODBC source some how disconnects your client for some reason.
I think in version 7 you can from the same crashed designer relogin to the project and have all the info intact or was it 7.0.1.
a dissconnected designer some times gives an error like what you got.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
trobinson
Participant

Post by trobinson »

I didn't have this problem while saving a job rather while trying to view data from a OCI9 stage. The problem was a column defined as varchar was attempting to map to a CLOB field in Oracle. Sounds completely different then your case but my point is to suggest that you verify that you have no "exotic" column definitions in your job and that they are mapped correctly. The solution in my case was to change the varchar to a longvarchar. I guess DS 7.0.1 is a bit cranky when you mis-map the fields and decides to terminate with extreme prejudice the client session when it feels you are programming badly.
raj_cipher
Participant

Post by raj_cipher »

Hi ,

Atlast solved the Pblm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If v by-pass the user name,Password authentication while logging in to DS we get this error.
If v give those stuffs and proceed v r able to save it.

I don't understand wat diff. it makes. !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Think Ahead,
Raj.D
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Wow... all these problems from not logging in? What is that, the 'Omit' option? :? I didn't even think about that as a possible issue, we don't have a choice with a UNIX server.

At least you got it all sorted out! :D
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.