Link Paritioner Partition algorithm - Hash & Modulus

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

raju_chvr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Link Paritioner Partition algorithm - Hash & Modulus

Post by raju_chvr »

Can some one give me a example how will they work & some scenario's which one to choose.

I don't have access to DS 6/7 yet, but curious to know abt those stages.

Yeah some people might think I am so outdated with DS 5.1, but What I can say and do ... my client is really slow in keeping upto date with the latest releases :cry:

thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why not ask Ascential for a copy of the 7.x manuals? They contain much that will answer all of these questions. I am sure they would have no problem with this request.
A very short answer is that the Hash algorithm uses a hashing algorithm based on the supplied key value (which can be any data type) to choose which of 1..N partitions to use, while the Modulus algorithm uses a "remainder", after dividing the supplied key value (which must be numeric) by N.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
raju_chvr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by raju_chvr »

They are on their way..

we have another vendor in btwn Ascential and my client. They are taking hell lot of time to process our request.

Thanks for ur reply though ...