Lotus Domino Data Extraction

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

anupam
Participant

Lotus Domino Data Extraction

Post by anupam »

Hello All,

I want to extract Lotus Domino Data. Can anyone suggest me how to go about it.
----------------
Rgds,
Anupam
----------------
The future is not something we enter. The future is something we create.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You could determine whether there is a C-callable API for the Domino database server and, if there is, you could write a plug-in stage. This is not something for the faint-hearted! You need excellent C programming skills (and C++ if you're going to have a custom GUI).

If it's just Lotus spreadsheets that you need to access, you can do this via ODBC. You will need to get an ODBC driver, of course, and figure out how to handle the heavy-duty security in the Lotus Notes environment.

There is no product from Ascential that can help you, but I am aware that at least one Ascential support analyst has succeeded in getting data out of this environment. As far as I know, he never tried to get data into the environment. And the solution did require setting up a special Notes user.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.