ORACLE native driver name ?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

raju_chvr
Premium Member
Premium Member

ORACLE native driver name ?

Post by raju_chvr »

Can someone give me the Oracle native driver name?

I have Oracle 8 client installed and I want to make Oracle native driver DSN to use on my machine.

thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Did you get this sorted out? :?

If you haven't, you may want to post back with more details on what you need to do as there really isn't such a thing as an "Oracle native driver name", per se. Are you trying to get things configured so you can connect to an Oracle database from your machine? Where is the DataStage server and the Oracle database in relationship to this machine... somewhere else? Is this even a DataStage question or just a more generic 'I need help with Oracle' question?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
raju_chvr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by raju_chvr »

I was just asking what is the driver name would be used to connect from DS machine to Oracle.

my versions are: Oracle 8i and DS 7.0, OS: Win 2000 Server.

I am cofiguring new machine and creating DSN's(which I am doing for the first time on Windows).

Is the actual file is named: 'SQORA32.dll' ?

Sorry, for not being clear in my question.
crouse
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by crouse »

In DataStage, will you be wanting to connect to Oracle via the ODBC stage or the OCI8 stage?

If via OCI, you shouldn't need to configure anything past installing the Oracle client and stopping and starting the DataStage server.
Craig Rouse
Griffin Resouces, Inc
www.griffinresources.com
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Are you trying to setup ODBC connectivity? You really should be using the OCI stages instead, IMHO. If everything is setup properly, Oracle client-wise, then I believe it should just work for you in a Windows environment. For UNIX you have to do some extra steps but I don't think that applies in your case.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
raju_chvr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by raju_chvr »

Craig,

Let me rephrase my question, since I got a better idea what I am looking for this morning. :lol:

What is the name of actual driver file to make a connection to Oracle using OCI stage? Is it named as : 'SQORA32.dll' ?

Did I make my-self clear this time atleast? :roll:

thanks for ur patience.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

There is no driver. You must install the Oracle client software on your DataStage server. Once that is done, your administrators need to make sure that the tnsnames.ora file is current and has the appropriate connections defined. The DataStage server will use this file for connections, as well as the client software once installed.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
raju_chvr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by raju_chvr »

Gotcha ! .. now I know it !!

didn't do it in Win before

thanks everyone ...