Handling KeyMgtGetNextValue() while moving machines

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

raju_chvr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Handling KeyMgtGetNextValue() while moving machines

Post by raju_chvr »

I have the worst case of moving one of our Production boxes to a new machine as their is some kind of hardware issue.

We have some 40-50 tables which are using KeyMgtGetNextValue() to insert the Surrogate keys. I can go into the ware house and get the max()values and start the keys from that point. but it is a very tedious process.

Is there any way I can get hands on the table which stores the KeyMgtGetNextValue()'s in the DS Universe ?

Excuse me if it already posted. I did some quick search and didn't find this issue.
raju_chvr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Handling KeyMgtGetNextValue() while moving machines

Post by raju_chvr »

Can some one look at this post ... please
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If you look at the source for the routine in question, you can see that it uses a Hash file called "SDKSequences". In the absense of some back-door Universe methodology for transferring the contents from one Project to another, I would think it would be fairly straight-forward to write two DataStage jobs - one to dump its contents to a flat file and then another to populate it from that flat file after you transfer it to the new server.

I'd run KeyMgtGetNextValue once on your new machine so that it can create it with the specs it wants, either that or make you create it using the same command as in the source code:

Code: Select all

EXECUTE "CREATE.FILE SDKSequences 2 1 1"
FYI - This is from a Version 6 server.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
raju_chvr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by raju_chvr »

Thanks that worked !!