DataStage Upgrade from 5.2 to 6 needs DB2 8 in AIX5 ?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sree_boyapati
Participant

DataStage Upgrade from 5.2 to 6 needs DB2 8 in AIX5 ?

Post by sree_boyapati »

Hi Frineds,
We have an environment with AIX 5, DataStage 5.2, DB2 7.1. We are planning to upgrade DB2 7 to DB2 8. Do we need to upgrade DataStage from 5.2 to 6? If anybody done that please help me. If not a problem give me your number or e-mail, so that I can cantact you hank for your help in advance.

raju_chvr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: DataStage Upgrade from 5.2 to 6 needs DB2 8 in AIX5 ?

Post by raju_chvr »

As far as I know If you have proper stage say DB2 8.0 is avilable for you in DataStage 5.2 you need not upgrade the DataStage server engine.

Though DB2 8.0 is not avialable you can connect to DB2 8.0 using approp ODBC drivers then I think you can get it work.

But the performance will be an issue in the case of using ODBC and the work invovled in moving the stages from existing DB2 stage to ODBC.

IHTH
ogmios
Participant

Re: DataStage Upgrade from 5.2 to 6 needs DB2 8 in AIX5 ?

Post by ogmios »

From the install guides of DataStage 6.x supports DB2 on AIX as follows "DB2 wire protocol UDB 6.1, UDB 7.1, UDB 7.2", so no UDB 8.0

Haven't been playing with DataStage 7.x yet.

Going from DB2 stage to ODBC stage can be painful if you use the SQL After and SQL Before of the DB2 stage.

Ogmios