Abnormal Behaviour of Datastage Jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

anupam
Participant

Abnormal Behaviour of Datastage Jobs

Post by anupam »

Hi all,

I have a job which uses orabulk stage (sqlldr) for loading the data into the table.

yesterday something went wrong with the database and thus the database server was restarted. The loading job was running at that point of time.

Using uvsh i cleared the staus of the job and then restarted the Loading job when the database server was up. The director showed that the jobs is running and greping on phantom processes also revealed that.

But the data was not loaded to the table though the staus in the director was showing that the job is running.

We restarted the datastage engine and evry thing was fine. The loading job was now loading the data properly.

I want expert comments on this abnormal behaviour of the Job.
----------------
Rgds,
Anupam
----------------
The future is not something we enter. The future is something we create.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How much are you prepared to pay for "expert comments"?

As far as I can see, the principal abnormal behaviour has been in the database server.
The second abnormal behaviour is your expectation that DataStage can continue to load a table when the database server crashes and a complete recovery has not been effected, or you have made insufficient checks as to the recovery situation.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.