Problem with QS Plugin

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Problem with QS Plugin

Post by PilotBaha »

I installed both AIX server version on the server and the client version on the PC. When I click on the QS plugin and then on the server tab, I am not able to connect to the server when I type the IP address.

I have to add that the port number on this tab and the port number on mngr.cfg match. Obviously the QSRT manager is running when I try to do this.

This is also preventing me from chosing the project and jobs on the "Job" tab..

Any idea what I am missing (or what I am doing wrong) ? :( :?:

thanks..

Baha Acuner
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

The QualityStage plugin that appears in the Designer does not interact with the server at all! It interacts with your client Access database. It only uses the server scripts when it executes.

What can happen with version 7 is that the DataStage client cannot find the QualityStage client database on your PC. The way to fix this is to run an open database command from the file menu of your QualityStage client. This is a bit of glitch in version 7. Your QualityStage client automatically opens the database for you, you need to manually open it to set the properties that DataStage looks for.

The next thing is to try connecting via the Manager import plugin table command to import the data files from a staged QualityStage job.

One frequent trap for QS DS interaction is the hidden properties page. There is a page of QualityStage settings that is only viewable when you do a right mouse click on the QS plugin and choose "Grid Style" command. You will see a bunch of properties such as ARDS directory and Logs directory that you should turn into job parameters. This is also the only place that you can set your port and server up as a job parameter, if you double click on the QS plugin you get the standard properties pages and the port and server fields here do not accept the # character but in the grid view it will accept it for the same fields.

Whenever you make a change to the QS plugin stage settings you need to go back and review the grid style page as the plugin frequently overwrites the values in these fields with hard coded values such as IP server addresses and file paths.
Last edited by vmcburney on Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

Thank you. That helped big time.. Now why didn't Ascential mentioned this in their QualityStage Plug-in document?... They have a good product, but very bad documentation.. :(
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Lots of thanks to Louise from Australian Ascential support who helped me out with these problems when I first starting using the plugin. I think we'll see these problems fixed in the next release.