Confusing Error Message on use of Link Collector

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Suttond
Premium Member
Premium Member

Confusing Error Message on use of Link Collector

Post by Suttond »

When compiling a server job, the error message is "Link Collector stage does not support in-process active-to-active inputs or outputs".
The Link Collecter has two output links from the same transformer and an input link to one Oracle stage. I don't have a clue what this error message is telling me, so I don't know how to procede.
shawn_ramsey
Participant

Re: Confusing Error Message on use of Link Collector

Post by shawn_ramsey »

Suttond wrote:When compiling a server job, the error message is "Link Collector stage does not support in-process active-to-active inputs or outputs".
The Link Collecter has two output links from the same transformer and an input link to one Oracle stage. I don't have a clue what this error message is telling me, so I don't know how to procede.
You need to set the Project level or job level perfromace settings to allow inter process row buffering. We have set this at the project level (and have not had issues with it) but I have had some folks recommend that we set job level.
Shawn Ramsey

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
-- Douglas Adams
Suttond
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Suttond »

Thanks Shawn. I went into job properties and changed the flags to enable inter-process row buffering and it compiled. Dan..