unknown error (To me atleast)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JDionne
Participant

unknown error (To me atleast)

Post by JDionne »

i am getting the following error:
JOCDEVLoadToServer..Into_SQL_Server: OLE DB provider error: The statement has been terminated.

whats that mean?
Jim
Sure I need help....But who dosent?
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
I guess it means that something about the OLEDB relevance is astray.

but we need to know what is the OLEDB relevance is in your case?
are you simply loading to a regular table using OLEDB stgae or are you trying to populate an OLEDB cube directly?

also, a bit more details on what your doing will help.

if your doing a simple insert via OLEDB stage did you manage to test the OLEDB connectivity successfully? (use the connection wizard)

also double check your sql being sent for annomalies (if my memory serves me there are also befor/after clauses.

IHTH
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
JDionne
Participant

Post by JDionne »

roy wrote:Hi,
I guess it means that something about the OLEDB relevance is astray.

but we need to know what is the OLEDB relevance is in your case?
are you simply loading to a regular table using OLEDB stgae or are you trying to populate an OLEDB cube directly?

also, a bit more details on what your doing will help.

if your doing a simple insert via OLEDB stage did you manage to test the OLEDB connectivity successfully? (use the connection wizard)

also double check your sql being sent for annomalies (if my memory serves me there are also befor/after clauses.

IHTH
I think i found the answer when I tryied to load the file directly through SQL enterprise manager. It was a duplicate key issue.
Thanx
Jim
shawn_ramsey
Participant

Post by shawn_ramsey »

The OLEDB stage and the SQL Server bulk load stage do not pass pass back the error from the server and will pass back these unusable messages. This problem has been reported to Ascential and there is a case for it. I have found that the best way to find out what is happening is to run the SQL Server profiler tool and trace the errors.
Shawn Ramsey

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
-- Douglas Adams
JDionne
Participant

Post by JDionne »

shawn_ramsey wrote:The OLEDB stage and the SQL Server bulk load stage do not pass pass back the error from the server and will pass back these unusable messages. This problem has been reported to Ascential and there is a case for it. I have found that the best way to find out what is happening is to run the SQL Server profiler tool and trace the errors.
cool ill do that next time i get crap error msgs.
Jim