Copy input columns to output columns in "Transformer st

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Copy input columns to output columns in "Transformer st

Post by Sreenivasulu »

[/b]When i try to copy input columns to output columns (by selecting the column in the input columns) in "Transformer stage" the datastage designer hangs.

This should be allowed since its required most of the time

:)
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Errr... it is allowed. I'd suggest you try reinstalling your client as something seems to have gone awry with it.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

What i meant by copying column

Post by Sreenivasulu »

chulett wrote:Errr... it is allowed. I'd suggest you try reinstalling your client as something seems to have gone awry with it.
copying columns which appear for source and target in the lower
half of the transformer (when u select properties)
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You copy them in the *top* half, not the bottom. There is also a right-click option to 'Propogate Columns' to do something similar without opening the transform.

You can select a column or columns and drag them over to the right-hand portion of the 'target' side of the transform - you will get an 'insert bar' (for lack of a better term) to indicate where they will go and their properties will transfer with them. You can also select columns on the source side, right-click copy them and then right-click paste them into the target side.

Does that help or am I totally missing the point? Could be, it is getting late and I should be in bed waiting for Santa. :)
-craig

Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Actually i want to do this copy paste process in the Aggrega

Post by Sreenivasulu »

chulett wrote:You copy them in the *top* half, not the bottom. There is also a right-click option to 'Propogate Columns' to do something similar without opening the transform.

You can select a column or columns and drag them over to the right-hand portion of the 'target' side of the transform - you will get an 'insert bar' (for lack of a better term) to indicate where they will go and their properties will transfer with them. You can also select columns on the source side, right-click copy them and then right-click paste them into the target side.

Does that help or am I totally missing the point? Could be, it is getting late and I should be in bed waiting for Santa. :)

Actually i want to do this copy paste process in the Aggregator stage.
This the reason why i was referring to *bottom* half. The *top half* of transformer stage is not present in Aggregator stage

presen
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
As far as I know,
the aggregator stage output can't be directly propagated via it's input.
But you might be able to propegate the next stage (after the aggregator) to effect it's output columns ( check it out ), then you could add/manipulate the aggregations on them.

(I didn't check it yet, I think it might work, I hate the simple fact that in this project I have no internet access near a DS client station :( )

IHTH
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

At your release there is no copy capability from Aggregator stage input to output links. The only mechanism available to you is to Save the column definitions from the input link into your Repository, switch to the output link and Load them from where you saved them (by default this is under the Saved category).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Actually i want to do this copy paste process in the Agg

Post by chulett »

Sreenivasulu wrote:Actually i want to do this copy paste process in the Aggregator stage. This the reason why i was referring to *bottom* half. The *top half* of transformer stage is not present in Aggregator stage
It would have helped if you'd said that from the beginning. There's no 'transformer stage' in the Aggregator stage, they are two different things. :wink: Hence my confusion and complete inability to respond in any sort of constructive manner. :lol: Glad someone else was able to swoop in and help out...
-craig