cass changing names

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

pattemk
Participant

cass changing names

Post by pattemk »

Hi,

I am using cass stage to validate and then compare the addresses of my two input sequential files.

for this address

1701K STATE ROAD 96,GREAT BEND,ks

cass stage changed this to 1701 K 96 HWY,GREAT BEND,ks

both are valid address, but it makes it hard while doing the comparision moreover if the input is 1701 K STATE ROAD 96,GREAT BEND,ks then cass is not changing it , the output from cass is 1701 K STATE ROAD 96,GREAT BEND,ks .

i am trying to find if there any way to filter these kind of records which cass changes.

kindly advice
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The obvious one is to compare the output record to the original. Simply carry all the fields through (or join them downstream of the CASS stage).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pattemk
Participant

Post by pattemk »

thanks for prompt reply..do you know why cass behave like this?
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

CASS will do this to standardize the address. You have to be careful it can completely change it to something unexpected.
Mamu Kim
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

The QualityStage CASS module is adhering to the USPS CASS rules, so QualityStage has little control over what the process does - the USPS does :) .

Having said that, what are you trying to accomplish? Identify things that have changed? Have you looked at the DPV codes? There are codes to help you identify changed and unchanged records.
Regards,
Robert
pattemk
Participant

Post by pattemk »

thanks for replying..i know if cass can not validate any address, the CASS_Zip4, CASS_CarrierRoute and CASS_DeliveryPoint will be null, do we have something similar like this for identifying the records that cass changed ?
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

The 3 DPV codes will tell you a lot about what it did to correct, or why it couldn't find a match. It's all going to be in the doco, or a 30 second Google of "CASS DPV" will probably get you enough standard doco to answer pretty much anything you might ask.
pattemk
Participant

Post by pattemk »

thanks..!