Soundex function in transformer stage Vs NYSIIS field

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

pattemk
Participant

Soundex function in transformer stage Vs NYSIIS field

Post by pattemk »

Hi,

I am trying to compare two sequential file on their names and filter out the one that does not match.

the data in these files can be in many different ways which is hard to standardize each and every name.

I am using standardize stage to get the NYSIIS name for every name and then do the compare, my problem is that, if the standardize stage can not handle, the NYSIIS version of the fields will be null. i need to compare every input name no matter if standardize stage handles it or not.

I am trying to get some suggestions from you guys if i can it is advisable to use soundex function in the transformer which generates a string(similar to NYSIIS) and then do the compare between these two files.

i will use standardize to capture the records that it can not handle only but not for the comaprision.

kindly advice
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The NYSIIS() function is not supplied for the Transformer stage. But it is documented (on the web) and would not be difficult to construct as a parallel routine that could be called from a Transformer stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Tell us some more about the problem, so we can give some better advice.
What are these names you are trying to match? Are they all people's names? Companies? A mixture?

Are you doing the usual STAN & match job, something different?

Is your issue that you are blocking on the NYSIIS, so nulls wreck your results?