Premium Member

QS - character concatenate investigate - warning message

Post by prasad111 »

Job Design

Code: Select all

DatasetStage--> Copy --> InvestigateStage--> Peek
Warning

Code: Select all

CopyToAll: When checking operator: When binding output schema variable "outRec": When binding output interface field "NameDomain_USPREP" to field "NameDomain_USPREP": Implicit conversion from source type "ustring[max=100]" to result type "string[max=100]": Possible truncation of variable length ustring when converting to string using codepage UTF-8.
In Investigate stage uses Character Concatenate Investigate option, whenever this investigation option is selected we see the above error. As there is no option to set NULL VALUE=" " how to eliminate this warning apart from supression using message handler?

Thanks for all your replies
Prasad
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Your use of the extended property Unicode is inconsistent across the stage. A ustring[max=100] is a VarChar(100) with Unicode set, a string[max=100] is a VarChar(100) with Unicode not set. Find this discrepancy and fix it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
prasad111
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasad111 »

Yes I have given all the columns SqlType as Varchar and Extended Unicode, still I am getting the error.
The error occurs only when used Character Concatenate investigate type, for the same column (no change in the job or column name, ....) when Character Discrete Investigate type is selected the job runs fine without warning.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you able to remove Unicode from all the fields you are mentioning in the concatenation as a test? It may be that the internal result of concatenation is the "field" that is at fault here.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
prasad111
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasad111 »

With or Without Unicode, I get the same warning
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

OK, use a message handler to demote the warning to informational. This is a message that is unlikely to impact your processing of data.
prasad111
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasad111 »

Thanks.