Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Murali4u
Participant

Standardization of vehicle make and model

Post by Murali4u »

Hi everyone,

This question may be quite simple. :wink:

I dont know whether there is any ruleset which will standardize for vehicle make or vehicle model.

If not, could i create a customer ruleset which will standardize the list of vehicle names and their model.

Can you say how to create custom rulesets or any references.

Thanks in advance. :)
Rockzz Tech
josh.guffey
Participant

Post by josh.guffey »

I do not know of a particular rule set for vehicle makes and models. You can definitely create your own custom pattern action language to handle any data set, but you first have to understand all of the data patterns and tokens that exist within the data that you wish to apply the rules to. I would first start by running investigations on the data to determine the patterns and tokens and their respective frequencies. Once you have this information you will have patterns that will need to be handled with the custom pattern action language.

Good luck. :)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you can attend the IOD EMEA 2010 conference next week I am giving a presentation on rule sets on Friday morning.

This is based on material on rule sets available from DSXchange Learning Center on DVD.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

As Josh said, start with investigation so you know what you're up against. It will also help you get a grasp on what sort of fields you might need to have in the standardised output. Make, model, model variant, year or year range?, engine size?, etc.

If you can get your hands on make and model reference sets, that will help immensely. You would get a lot of the relevant terms out of your token investigation, but they may be incomplete.
These would also let you do some basic cross-checking between make and model.

Sounds like a fun challenge though. :)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You might like to talk with the folks behind http://www.redbook.com.au (they have these data as drop-down lists, and may be nice enough to share).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Murali4u
Participant

Post by Murali4u »

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the input guys.
Rockzz Tech
Murali4u
Participant

Post by Murali4u »

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the input guys.
Rockzz Tech