Error while using Match stage

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

0xB3 is a single byte. ISO8859-1 maps should be able to handle it. So, given the other diagnostic work that you've done, I cannot see why it should be generating "incomplete row" only because of that character. Can you check to see that every row in the file contains the correct number of characters, maybe with a small DataStage job, maybe with an awk script?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
daxinz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by daxinz »

I have no idea on the special bytes as this. But I have just solved the same error: "Incomplete record... ". I would like the share some ideas.

1) In both data file, use the same format. For example, if the 3/9/2007 is 20070309 in one file, and another file is 2007 3 9, try to make them the same as the first.

2) Try to make the last value end at the same column. In my case, the 9-digit SSN is all no-missing and completed (I define them as String), I put it at the end. In the second file, I put ZIP at the end, and fill the missing value with 00000.

3) Check the file definition in QS designer, make them consistent.

In addition, special char seems well handled by QS server. I define ZIP as integer, but there is unreadable symbol in some of the zips. It does not crash the process.

It is what I tried. I am not sure if all of these settings are necessary.

Hope it helps.
Thanks