Use of the Filescan utility on Unix

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

centennium
Premium Member
Premium Member

Use of the Filescan utility on Unix

Post by centennium »

Can anybody tell me how to use the Filescan utillity on Unix to go through input files when errors about record lengths are occurring?

I have successfully used this utility on Windows, but would not know how to do it in a Unix environment.

Thanks in advance

Martina
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

"filescan" is not, to my knowledge, a standard UNIX command in any flavor I know of.
centennium
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by centennium »

ArndW wrote:"filescan" is not, to my knowledge, a standard UNIX command in any flavor I know of.
Filescan is actually a utility used in Quality Stage to run on your datafiles to fix issues with fieldlengths.

TIA

Martina
mf_arts
Participant

Post by mf_arts »

Hi Martina,

As you said, Filescan utility is used to get the record lengths for a given file, once you execute FS then you have to match with your QualityStage file definition. To run Filescan in Unix (is located in your QualilyStage bin directory) you need to set $INTBIN to be able to run this utility from anyware. Check $INTBIN environment variable with an echo.

regards
Mario Fernandes

An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less. - Nicholas Murray Butler
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

centennium wrote:
ArndW wrote:"filescan" is not, to my knowledge, a standard UNIX command in any flavor I know of.
Filescan is actually a utility used in Quality Stage to run on your datafiles to fix issues with fieldlengths.

TIA

Martina
Oh my, shame on me... and it shows which parts of DS I will need to concentrate on learning more better soonest! :oops: