1, A1, DENMARK
2, A2, TRENTON
3, A3, WISCONSIN
2, A4, NEW YORK
2, A4, CALIFORNIA
2, A4, TRENTON
4, A5, DENVER
1, A6, HOLLAND

Where the input fields are Account and Keyword and the GROUP is generated by matching job.

As you can see that the ACCOUNT A2,A4 have "TRENTON" as a comman word hence both accounts get grouped with GROUPID of 2 even though "CALIFORNIA" and "NEW YORK" do not match but due to the keyword "TRENTON" they both get grouped as "2"

Which is the best way to achieve this result

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I don't understand your algorithm. :?

What is it that gets NEW YORK and CALIFORNIA grouped with TRENTON ?

Does "group" here mean the same thing as a "block" in QualityStage match - a set of potential duplicates - with your Group being the same as QualityStage match's SetID ?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ejazsalim
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ejazsalim »

ray.wurlod wrote:I don't understand your algorithm. :?

What is it that gets NEW YORK and CALIFORNIA grouped with TRENTON ?

Does "group" here mean the same thing as a "block" in QualityStage match - a set of po ...
NEW YORK, CALIFORNIA AND TRENTON are the same account "A4" and there is another account "A2" which has TRENTON and that is why I want all of them to match

If there was another account with CALIFORNIA say "A99" I would expect that to be in the same group as TRENTON its like creating a hierarchy that is presently being done through stored proc and I was wondering if I could convert that to a QS Job.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

So you're looking to match whenever Name OR Account is that same?

Have you tried a two-pass Match, one blocking on Account, the other blocking on NYSIIS of Name and matching on Name (and anything else you might need) as independent passes?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.