Ask for learning tricks on IBM QualityStage

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

daxinz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Ask for learning tricks on IBM QualityStage

Post by daxinz »

I am reading the document "Designer User Guide" and "Getting Started" from IBM. I helps. I can go through the stages.
But I do not satisfy the efficience. Could you please introduce your successful learning experience with better book/document/samples?

I am going to collect data from multiple data sources, and then match the sas dataset with data from third parties with QualityStage 7, server on UNIX and Client on Windows XP.

Thanks in advance.
tcj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tcj »

IBM have released a IBM Redbook which covers the topic of QualityStage. Do a search on either google or the IBM website.

It explains QualityStage better than the manuals in regards to samples.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

It's amazing how much more you'll learn from the tutes if you experiment with them a bit.
Once you've run it the way they suggest, try again with different options, like changing the Sep/Strip lists in the Investigate job, or try the different options for the Token Report.
The quicker you can get your head around word patterns and probabilistic matching, the quicker the rest of it will make sense.
daxinz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by daxinz »

Thanks stuartjvnorton & tcj for your replyings.
I find the file sg247546.pdf "IBM WebSphere QualityStage Methodologies, Standardization, and Matching". It is a good book.
Is it the book you both mentioned?

From the UserQuide, I have learned the comcepts.
I like to create a QS process. In the MATCH, there are up to 7 passes, at the end, a file contents the final linkage weight from 0 to MAX for all the records. And I also would like to control the MAX to a certain number. If it is configurable, could you please give some tips? Especially the tricks that the book not well discribed. My data has primary key.

Thanks again.
emeri1md
Participant

Post by emeri1md »

I just want to add in my own opinion, as I had to learn (quickly) from the various guides. Then I was thrown in to making my own custom ruleset. It was very difficult, and the user guides were the resources I had. I came here for help on occasion, but stuck to trial and error (mostly error). I didn't even know the Redbook existed until now.

I will say that these forums were a major help. Ray (who probably wanted to slap me on occasion for my inane questions) was probably the person who helped me the most. In return, I try to answer questions here when and where I can.