Connection problem in Datastage administration

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

thepakks
Participant

Connection problem in Datastage administration

Post by thepakks »

Hi All,

My Datastage 8.1 installation is sucessfull. I have create user and group also and asign role for datastage but when a try to connect administraction then I got following Error Message.

"A communication failure occurred while attempting to obtain an initial context with the provider URL: "iiop://CNDAMBCSDBDT04:2825". Make sure that any bootstrap address information in the URL is correct and that the target name server is running. A bootstrap address with no port specification defaults to port 2809. Possible causes other than an incorrect bootstrap address or unavailable name server include the network environment and workstation network configuration."

All port has been opned.

Kindly Let me know there is any configuration requirment in my Work station machin or network connection.

Thanks
Deepak
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You have marked this thread as Resolved. Common courtesy and standard practice on DSXchange involves you posting about HOW it was resolved.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
thepakks
Participant

Solution

Post by thepakks »

ray.wurlod wrote:You have marked this thread as Resolved. Common courtesy and standard practice on DSXchange involves you posting about HOW it was resolved.

Some port are not opned. I opened these port and server entry in my host file. After that issue has been resolved.

Thanks
Deepak
altis
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Connection problem in Datastage administration

Post by altis »

thepakks wrote:Hi All,

My Datastage 8.1 installation is sucessfull. I have create user and group also and asign role for datastage but when a try to connect administraction then I got following Error Message.

"A communication failure occurred while attempting to obtain an initial context with the provider URL: "iiop://CNDAMBCSDBDT04:2825". Make sure that any bootstrap address information in the URL is correct and that the target name server is running. A bootstrap address with no port specification defaults to port 2809. Possible causes other than an incorrect bootstrap address or unavailable name server include the network environment and workstation network configuration."

All port has been opned.

Kindly Let me know there is any configuration requirment in my Work station machin or network connection.

Thanks

Hi,

I am facing exactly the same problem, would you please let me know what are the different prots that need to be opend to resolve this issue.

Thanks
Altis Consulting Pty Ltd
www.altis.com.au
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:!: First off, this has nothing to do with Quality Stage so we're in the wrong forum. Secondly, this issue of "ports" has been discussed here before so try searching for pieces of your message - for example "A bootstrap address with no port specification defaults to port 2809" - and see if anything you find helps.

If not, please start your own post in a proper forum (the General forum would be the most appropriate, IMHO) and make sure you tell us what you've tried.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers