Standardize data output

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

ijkmnop
Participant

Standardize data output

Post by ijkmnop »

Hi All.

I have a question regarding Standarize stage.

I have a job using a Sequential File as an input which then goes to a Standardize stage and outputs to another Sequential file. I have established the needed rule sets for selected columns and created the needed mappings as well. I used a Sequential file as an output to enable me to view the standardize data using any text editor. Output files in QualityStage 7.5 can be viewed using any editor and this is useful for me when doing data analysis.

The job runs with "no errors", however, zero(0) records were exported to the sequential file and all of the records were rejected.

I then changed the output file from a Sequential File to a Data Set. The job ran successfully and I can view the standardized data from the Data Browser.

My questions are:
1) is there a setting that I'm missing that prevents the standardize data to output to a sequential file?
2) Is there a way to output the data to a text file which I can view from any editor?

Thanks for the help!
vairus
Participant

Re: Standardize data output

Post by vairus »

hi ,

When you writing output to the sequential file you have to set default null value. if you dont configure this you cant see any records in output file. Eventhough you can see status as success.

it will apply to all jobs in datastage/qualitystage...

regards

ijkmnop wrote:Hi All.

I have a job using a Sequential File as an input which then goes to a Standardize stage and outputs to another Sequential file. I have established the needed rule sets for selected columns and created the needed mappings as well. I used a Sequential file as an output to enable me to view the standardize data using any text editor. Output files in QualityStage 7.5 can be viewed using any editor and this is useful for me when doing data analysis.

The job runs with "no errors", however, zero(0) records were exported to the sequential file and all of the records were rejected.

I then changed the output file from a Sequential File to a Data Set. The job ran successfully and I can view the standardized data from the Data Browser.

My questions are:
1) is there a setting that I'm missing that prevents the standardize data to output to a sequential file?
2) Is there a way to output the data to a text file which I can view from any editor?

Thanks for the help!
vairamuthu
ijkmnop
Participant

Re: Standardize data output

Post by ijkmnop »

That worked. Thanks vairus!!
vairus wrote:hi ,

When you writing output to the sequential file you have to set default null value. if you dont configure this you cant see any records in output file. Eventhough you can see status as success.

it will apply to all jobs in datastage/qualitystage...

regards

ijkmnop wrote:Hi All.

My questions are:

Thanks for the help!
mekrreddy
Participant

Post by mekrreddy »

It is a bug IBM has to fix in 8.1 for the sequential file stage. Sequential file stage does not work in 8.1 ( I do only in parallel, never checked with server jobs). Better to go with dataset.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you have the eCase number for this bug?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mekrreddy
Participant

Post by mekrreddy »

i do not have e case no here, it was revealed in a meeting with IBM people. to there knowledge sequential file stage in parallel jobs doing quality stage job does not work, they recommended using datasets for now until they fix the bug.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please get more information from them, including an eCase number. If they know it's a bug, then there's an eCase number, because the bug will have been reported.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.