MatchDesigner usage with Blocking and Matching Columns

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

rupesh.datastage
Participant

MatchDesigner usage with Blocking and Matching Columns

Post by rupesh.datastage »

Hi QualityStage Xpers,

I have two records, where all columns data same except first names (FLORALDIS, FLORALVIS).

I have used FIRSTNAME in blocking and matching section, in matching i have used UNCERT and param 1 value is 800.

I am getting output as 2 residual records. But I want output as 1 matched record and 1 clerical record, since its a typo error in first name or very minor change.

do you have any idea..how to get this output or how to use FIRSTNAME columns in matchsection/do i need to mention any cutt off values to get the output.

Thanks,
Raja
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try 850 or even 900 as your threshold.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rupesh.datastage
Participant

Post by rupesh.datastage »

ray.wurlod wrote:Try 850 or even 900 as your threshold. ...

Ray - No use. I think i have to use some cut off values ... i dont know how to use those. If cutoff values (clerical/match values) are zero it wont show any clerical records i think.

Thanks,
Raja
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That is correct. Clericals are only those whose aggregate weights occur between the two cutoff values. And you set these by inspection of the generated weights. It's an iterative process to get it "right".
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Firstname is used as a blocking field: if they aren't the same then it will get dumped. No fuzziness involved.

Try blocking on a looser key like the NYSIIS of the firstname and then match using uncert on the actual firstname.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Good catch - I got caught up on the thresholds.