MatchSpecification for Unduplicate Match

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

rupesh.datastage
Participant

MatchSpecification for Unduplicate Match

Post by rupesh.datastage »

Hi All,

I am using Unduplicate Match to find matched, dups and non matched records.

I gave 7 columns in MatchSpecification at Blocking Section, i didnt touch the Match Columns section.

Now -

when i ran the job which has 15 records its fine, some(5) are matched and some are dups(8) and some are nonmatched(2).

for next run := all records gender is "F" when i change the gender as "M" for one record - i didnt see that record in nonmatched section, its there in the dups section only.

even if i change the date of birth OR address of that record, its going the same way in to duplicate records.

But if i change the phone no , it is comming as a new record.

Please advise me,

My standardize parameters:=

USNAME.SET :- LAST_NAME, FIRST_NAME, MIDDLE_NAME, GENDER
VDATE.SET :- BIRTH_DATE
VPHONE.SET :- PHONE_NO
USADDR.SET:- ADDRESS

Please advise me -
Raja
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

So you have a number of blocking columns (which must match absolutely) and no matching columns. Is this right?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rupesh.datastage
Participant

ur right,

ray.wurlod wrote:So you have a number of blocking columns (which must match absolutely) and no matching columns. Is this right? ...

I have 7 columns:=LAST_NAME, FIRST_NAME, MIDDLE_NAME, GENDER
BIRTH_DATE, PHONE_NO, ADDRESS.

Please advise me,
Raja
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Answer my question please. Which fields are being used for blocking and which (if any) for matching?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rupesh.datastage
Participant

please advise

ray.wurlod wrote:Answer my question please. Which fields are being used for blocking and which (if any) for matching? ...
Ray,

I have all these columns in blocking, because i have to check all these columns to find a matched, nonmatched and dups records. I dont have any matching records. I dont think its required.

am i wrong ??

please advise...
Raja
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What you are asserting is that you're not interested in probabilistic matching - you're only interested in creating sets of records in which all the blocking fields exactly match. For that's what blocking fields do.