Rule Sets in Quality Stage

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

shiva.chidara
Participant

Rule Sets in Quality Stage

Post by shiva.chidara »

How can we create a rule set in Quality Stage. Does anyone have examples of customized rule sets. Im trying to understand this by using the manual but cant seem to figure it out. It will really help if someone can provide me with an example of any rule set and what it is used for.

Thanks a lot
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The User Guide does a good job of describing what's in a rule set. Start by reading that, in conjunction with inspecting the files associated with an existing rule set (which you can do from the Designer).

DSXchange Learning Center is currently developing some materials relating to QualityStage rule sets. Expect an announcement later this year.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
krishna81
Premium Member
Premium Member

Qualitystage

Post by krishna81 »

Hi ,

Could any one please provide Qualitystage manual.i am just learning QS by myself.i know some of the rulesets using in QS but dont know how to create customized rulesets.

Thanks in advance
krishna
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

May I suggest that creation of rule sets is not something that can be learned from the manual? You really do need to have hands-on access to the software. And, if you have the software, you have the manuals.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

ray.wurlod wrote:May I suggest that creation of rule sets is not something that can be learned from the manual? You really do need to have hands-on access to the software. And, if you have the software, you have the ...
Very true. Reading the PAL Reference alone will not help a great deal: it's not exactly the clearest or most informative piece of doco on the planet.
You will need to experiment a bit to make sense of it.
friend.kak@gmail.com
Participant

Keys / License for the Qualitystage.

Post by friend.kak@gmail.com »

stuartjvnorton wrote:
ray.wurlod wrote:May I suggest that creation of rule sets is not something that can be learned from the manual? You really do need to have hands-on access to the software. And, if you have the software, you have the ...
Very true. Reading the PAL Reference alone will not help a great deal: it's not exactly the clearest or most informative piece of doco on the planet.
You will need to experiment a bit to make sense of it.
Do we have special licence especially for this QUALITYSTAGE alone? I am using a licensed version of Datstage8.

Can we get the license / keys for QUALITYSTAGE? :) If yes.... can I have link. Thanks. friend.kak@gmail.com
- Dev
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's a simple matter of sending money to IBM, presumably through your local vendor.