QS Match Stage Options & Significance

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

DSkkk
Charter Member
Charter Member

QS Match Stage Options & Significance

Post by DSkkk »

I have questions on the Match option Concepts.

I have two Files:

File A (which list of Prospect records bought from Outside Vendors). This file might have same individual multiple times.

File B -> List of Present Customers in the company with a Unique ID per Customer.
In the process of Matching, we match on NAME & ADDRESS data and if there is a Match Found then assign the same UniqueID which is used in the company internally.

My question is:

a) What is the Match strategy (Geomatch multiple or Geomatch Duplicate) that needs to be used if i want to capture all the records from File A (the Vendor list) that Match to the File B and would i be able to group all same induuviduals under a same Group?
Also If there are some vendor Records that Do not match with Existing customers on File B but are duplicate residuals, would all be assigned the Same Group ID and can all of those be captured in the Residual File without routing the duplicates to DUPA file?

b) WHat is the Match Strategy that needs to be USED if the File B also consists of DUplicates.

I am more concerned about question (a) as i believe, by Unduplicating File B, i will be back to the state of Question (a).

Any input is greatly appreciated as this is very Urgent.

Thanks..
g.kiran
vairus
Participant

Re: QS Match Stage Options & Significance

Post by vairus »

Hi kiren,

first do undup match on file A. you will get fileA match and residual records. assign unique ID for each matchset and assignseperate unqiue id for all residuals. now confrom the fileA match and residual and put in one file.

do geomatch from fileA to fileb as one to multiple match[Dont know about version 7.5.in 8 it is reference many to one option]pick master records and residual records from fileA. if any record from fileb match to fileA will be in matched records with their reference records detail from fileA(So you can get unique Id and assign them)and non-match are in residual.

do another undup match on the residual records with same mathcing strategy and assign new ID for matchset and seperate new id for residual..

Regards
Vairamuthu
Last edited by vairus on Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
vairamuthu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Beat me to it! The typical solution to the many-to-many dilemma is to perform single-file (Unduplicate) match on at least one of the files, and work with the master from each set (remembering that every residual is its own set).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.