Setup Test Environment

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

whelbli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Setup Test Environment

Post by whelbli »

This is probably one of those stupid questions. IBM installed and setup our DataStage and QualityStage. They also supposedly setup our test environment database. We are using a DB2 backend for all of this.

I used 7.5 Qualitystage alot, but the test environment thing is new to me. When I go in to configure the test environment on the match spec, the ODBC data sources available are only the ones from my computer, not the ones that have been setup on our server. So i am guessing that i need to set up an odbc connection on my computer to the test environment that was setup for us? if so, anyone know where i can get db2 drivers? were they on the client installation softwre and i missed them?

thanks in advance.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The drivers are supplied with DataStage/QualityStage. Use the wire protocol driver for preference. Configure ODBC by editing $ODBCINI (usually the .odbc.ini file in your DataStage Engine directory) and adding the DSN to the uvodbc.config file in your project.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
whelbli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by whelbli »

one thing to note - im the guy at the bottom of the food chain. so i dont have access to the server - ie i cant setup connections etc.

the database has been setup on the db2 server (by someone else). the odbc connection on the datastage server has been setup as well (supposedly). however, my problem is when i go into the configure test environment using the CLIENT software on my laptop, i dont see the odbc connection listed. I see connections from my laptop listed there, but i dont see the odbc connection that was supposedly setup on the server there.

so, is this a problem with how the odbc connection was setup on the server or do i need to setup an odbc connection to the test database on my client laptop?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I suspect the problem is more likely whether the ODBC DSN for the test database was set up on the server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vairus
Participant

Post by vairus »

Hi whelbi,

When you try to setup the test environment from your laptop ,You will only get the Local DSN from your laptop. you will not get the DSN created in server.

you have to create a ODBC in your laptop which points to the database in server.

OR

Save the match specification and passes and Continue with your undup job.

It is not necessary that you have to run match specification to run your undup job.

Regards
Vairus
vairamuthu