Charter Member
Charter Member

webservices in QualityStage

Post by vinodn »

how are webservices implemented in QualityStage[/b][/quote][/code]
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you be more precise about your question?

Do you want DataStage/QualityStage to be able to access web services, or to be able to BE web services?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vinodn
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by vinodn »

ray.wurlod wrote:Can you be more precise about your question?

Do you want DataStage/QualityStage to be able to access web services, or to be able to BE web services?
hi ray

Well, my question is how are webservices implemented in QualityStage or how would QualityStage be able to access web services or any information regarding webservices in Qualitystage or how is Quality Stage capable to expose a Webservice
vinodn
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: webservices in QualityStage

Post by vinodn »

vinodn wrote:how are webservices implemented in QualityStage[/b]
[/code][/quote]
I have n't yet installed the qualitystage software so i dont have online documentation that come along with the product can u provide me any link/reference where i can download the documentation on
QualityStage v8 with webservices perspective
Thanks in adv
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

OK, with QualityStage essentially embedded in DataStage, you can use the RTI Input and RTI Output stages (or whatever they are called in version 8 - something with WISD/WISL in the name, no doubt) and expose your job as a web service by this means. Take a browse around the SOA forum for some ideas, and visit Ernie's blogs - definitely worth the effort.

The same sources are probably the best place for someone without the software to gain insights into how to have DataStage/QualityStage access other web services, too.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

As Ray notes, QualityStage in v8 has DataStage at it's core...so the Web Services Stages are what would be used to invoke a Web Service in the midst of a QualityStage flow (imagine having a SOAP based lookup that brings in further address details for standardization and matching).... on the other hand, having a QualityStage function "as" a web service is far more compelling --- have a Web Service that actually performs standardization and matching on an incoming address value --- and that would be done via the Information Services Director and the WISDInput and WISDOutput stages........

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
vinodn
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by vinodn »

ray.wurlod wrote:OK, with QualityStage essentially embedded in DataStage, you can use the RTI Input and RTI Output stages (or whatever they are called in version 8 - something with WISD/WISL in the name, no doubt) and expose your job as a web service by this means. Take a browse around the SOA forum for some ideas, and visit Ernie's blogs - definitely worth the effort.

The same sources are probably the best place for someone without the software to gain insights into how to have DataStage/QualityStage access other web services, too.
hi ray,
I couldn't find proper information regarding web services , can u please send me any link where i could find the adequate information on it
and what is full form of WISD/WISL
vinodn
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by vinodn »

eostic wrote:As Ray notes, QualityStage in v8 has DataStage at it's core...so the Web Services Stages are what would be used to invoke a Web Service in the midst of a QualityStage flow (imagine having a SOAP based lookup that brings in further address details for standardization and matching).... on the other hand, having a QualityStage function "as" a web service is far more compelling --- have a Web Service that actually performs standardization and matching on an incoming address value --- and that would be done via the Information Services Director and the WISDInput and WISDOutput stages........

Ernie
hi Ernie,
I couldn't find proper information regarding web services , can u please send me any link where i could find the adequate information on it
and what is full form of WISD/WISL
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Hi...

There is a ton of information out there...in this forum, at the IBM sites, and other places.... been meaning to put up an overview entry in my blog...one more thing on the "to-do" list...... but here are two links you may find useful......

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/s ... .html?Open

...great Redbook --- very detailed, that reviews the technology we're discusing here.

Also...see if you can get to this url.... here is a .ppt that I wrote as a high level overview of the technology represented by RTI/WISD.

http://www-03.ibm.com/certify/downloads/IS_06.SOA.ppt

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>