Premium Member
Premium Member

How do I split a mistyped address?

Post by abc123 »

How do I split an address such as:

123Maple Ave

to

123 Maple Ave

Is there a way to do it through GUI or code?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Override for >T in the xxADDR rule set.

">" is a "mixed, leading numeric" token
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abc123 »

Ray, thank you very much for your response. It is really noble that you take your personal time to help others. I really can't thank you enough. You have helped me enormously before as well.

I ran my file through the USADDR ruleset. The IPUSADD produced by this ruleset for this address is >T so this is how QualityStage is seeing this address.

The problem is, through the GUI, there is no way to split the first token >. That is, I would like to add an override like ^SN1 to replace this token. There is a way to drop a token but there is no way to add/replace tokens.

Is there a way to do this through the PAT file? Where do I add the code? I am still learning the Pattern Action Language.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You're right of course, a pattern override does not provide the mechanism for splitting the token, so you'll need to use PAL. Not having the books with me at the moment (and not being fluent in PAL) I'll have to postpone that answer. Meanwhile, take a scan through the PAL manual; you might spot something.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.