Dictionary Creation

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

loreandre
Participant

Dictionary Creation

Post by loreandre »

Hi!

I need to create a data dictionary of directions. For example, I have the following directions:

CLAUDIO ARRAU 220 DEPARTAMENTO 43
ARRAU CLAUDIO 220 DEPARTAMENTO 43
CLA ARRAU 220 DEPARTAMENTO 43

These directions are the same ones but with different formats. The street that correspone is [/b]CLAUDIO ARRAU I need to leave these same directions in ordered form, of way to recognize that some duplication in the direction exists.

I hope have understood my question.

Thanks

Lore
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I do not think this is possible, since a dictionary describes a fixed-width structure. Your first two directions could be described by the same dictionary if you use a single field for name, and a name rule set that can parse out first name, main name, etc. But the third direction is not of the same format. You might need to pre-process to force the fields to be the same width as the other two directions.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
loreandre
Participant

Post by loreandre »

Hi,

I don't usterstand your answer. I cannot create the dictionary. The directions come very disordered and I need to leave them in a same format.

Thanks

Lore
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Perhaps I don't understand your question. First you say "I need to create a data dictionary of directions", now you say "I cannot create the dictionary". Is it that you can not create a dictionary? Or is it that you can not create a dictionary that handles multiple formats? QualityStage does allow you to create different fields in different column positions that overlap so, if you have a finite number of format possibilities, then this may be a solution. Otherwise you must bring your data into a standard (fixed-width) format before proceeding.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.