Error in QualityStage Job

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

whenry6000
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error in QualityStage Job

Post by whenry6000 »

I have recently installed Datastage/QualityStage 8.0.1. I am attempting to run a Qualitystage job from the tutorial, specifically the Investigate job. it has a source file, a copy, an investigate stage, and a target file. When I go to run the job, I get the following error message. Anyone have any ideas what it means??

InvestigateName,0: Invalid entry in token classification table
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's a Word investigation that you're doing. There's something wrong with the classification table (xxxxxx.CLS) for the rule set that you are using. Could be a bug out of the box - check with your support provider. I'm assuming here that you have not yet applied any classification overrides.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
whenry6000
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by whenry6000 »

ray.wurlod wrote:It's a Word investigation that you're doing. There's something wrong with the classification table (xxxxxx.CLS) for the rule set that you are using. Could be a bug out of the box - check with your support provider. I'm assuming here that you have not yet applied any classification overrides.
No, I have not applied any classification overides. I was afraid it might be a bug. We seems to have been having problems starting with installation. Trying to install using the -console option gave us all kinds of problems. I couldn't seem to install without it trying to install a DB2 instance, which I didn't want for the repository.
Do you know of any other people having problems with bugs in the 8.0/8.0.1 versions??
Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

As far as I am aware there is no-one in my part of the world yet using QualityStage version 8.x, at least not in anger. Some POCs (proofs of concept) are about to happen, however. Could be interesting.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
divstands
Participant

Post by divstands »

Hello Sir

Do you mean to sya that QS v8.x comes with lot of bugs?
ray.wurlod wrote:As far as I am aware there is no-one in my part of the world yet using QualityStage version 8.x, at least not in anger. Some POCs (proofs of concept) are about to happen, however. Could be interesti ...
JRodriguez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Error in QualityStage Job

Post by JRodriguez »

Whenry6000,

Test the Rule Set directly, using the Rules management windows ... Looks like that classification table has been corrupted

Which Rule Set are you using?

whenry6000 wrote:I have recently installed Datastage/QualityStage 8.0.1. I am attempting to run a Qualitystage job from the tutorial, specifically the Investigate job. it has a source file, a copy, an investigate stage, and a target file. When I go to run the job, I get the following error message. Anyone have any ideas what it means??

Julio Rodriguez
ETL Developer by choice

"Sure we have lots of reasons for being rude - But no excuses
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

divstands wrote:Hello Sir

ray.wurlod wrote:As far as I am aware there is no-one in my part of the world yet using QualityStage version 8.x, at least not in anger. Some POCs (proofs of concept) are about to happen, however. Could be interesti ...
Two years on! And there's nothing in my statement that stated or implied that there are bugs - all I said at the time that there were not many people using the version - it was very new then, after all.
divstands
Participant

Post by divstands »

Hi Ray

I would really like to read your response. Could you please reply to the id divstands@yahoo.co.in as i am not a premium member and hence cannot view the response.

Thanx in advance !

Regards
DivT
ray.wurlod wrote:
divstands wrote:Hello Sir

ray.wurlod wrote:As far as I am aware there is no-one in my part of the world yet using QualityStage versi ...
sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjfearnside »

Have you applied all the patches? Check fix central to verify all the patches required for your setup have been applied and then verify they were applied successfully by reviewing the version.xml file. Do this for both the server and client.

The version.xml file can be found under the .../InformationServer directory for my setup.

Fix Central:

http://www-933.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

divstands wrote:I would really like to read your response. Could you please reply to the id divstands@yahoo.co.in as i am not a premium member and hence cannot view the response.
Premium membership is one of the ways that the hosting and bandwidth costs of DSXchange are met. It's not expensive (less than 30c (Rs 12) per day), and without it DSXchange would cease to function. I am not prepared to set any precedent that might lead to that outcome.
divstands
Participant

Re: Error in QualityStage Job

Post by divstands »

JRodriguez wrote:Whenry6000,

Test the Rule Set directly, using the Rules management windows ... Looks like that classification table has been corrupted

Which Rule Set are you using?

I am using Mexico Rulesets.

whenry6000 wrote:I have recently installed Datastage/QualityStage 8.0.1. I am attempting to run a Qualitystage job from the tutorial, specifically the Investigate job. it has a source file, a copy, an investigate stage, and a target file. When I go to run the job, I get the following error message. Anyone have any ideas what it means??