unrecognised extract type error

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

mellyb
Participant

unrecognised extract type error

Post by mellyb »

When running a QS match job (geo-match) which is being called through DS 7.5.2. I am getting the following error -

ERROR: unrecognized extract type:

Has anyone encountered this error before?

Many thanks :)
boxtoby
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by boxtoby »

Not actually seen that message as such, but here's a few things you can check if you haven't already:

Does the QS job run okay from QS itself?

Does the job run from the command line?

Check the QS logs in /logs folder. They usually contain more detailed information.

Check the input to the QS job is fixed length.

Check there is actually data in both files and that they are correctly located.

hth!

Bob.
Bob Oxtoby
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. Have you deployed the job in QS? Can you please post details of what you have in the Match stage?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mellyb
Participant

Unrecognized Extract type

Post by mellyb »

ray.wurlod wrote:Welcome aboard. Have you deployed the job in QS? Can you please post details of what you have in the Match stage? ...
The job is an Undup match in QS with only two blocking passes - no fuzzy logic is used.
The extract (ouput) contains four variables, set, type, pass, weight followed by the input file structure.

It appears to run successfully within QS but when deployed via DS we get the error.
None of the QS logs say anything meaningful except: ERROR unrecognised extract type.

I have deleted all Scripts in the QS project area and redeployed the job in both File mode and data stream mode but this hasnt helped.

The input file is fixed length.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Somewhere, somehow, it appears to have lost the extract type - showing blank after the "extract type:" in your error message. I think you're going to need to involve IBM support on this one - maybe running the job in debug mode under their guidance will reveal more.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
boxtoby
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by boxtoby »

I would try reimporting the meta data from QS in to DS if only because IBM support will ask you to do that anyway!

Reimporting quite often fixes problems.

Bob.
Bob Oxtoby