Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

memrinal
Participant

Non Human Name Filtering

Post by memrinal »

Hi,
Please let me know, how to achieve the following, using QualityStage:
Filter all the records which dont have human names in First and Last Name Fields, like Ending in Co. , Ltd, M/s stc.

Please Let me know how this can be implemented in QS.
Currently a perl script has a list of strings, against which it compares the name fields and filters records as required.

Thanks in Advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you standardize using a xxNAME Rule Set, names are identified as individual or organizational (I or O) in the Name Type (NTxxNAM) column.

If you want something more graceful, then you might consider some Pattern Action Language to effect a comparison against the name classification table (xxNAME.CLS) in which known first names are identified.
Last names are much tricker - potentially any word can be a last name. That said, however, any word marked as other than "F" or 'I" in the name classification table is a probable candidate for your requirement.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

I am not pretty sure about this but try using SELECT stage and under the Accept action define the rule something like " First Name = Co. or First Name= Inc". I have never used but you can try it.
I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
Thomas Alva Edison(1847-1931)