gsym
Charter Member
Charter Member

Match stage probabilities?

Post by gsym »

Hi

If i perform geomatch on 3 fields, EX: name, address, zipcode,

If i give probability for name as .7, address .9 and zipcode 1.0

does it mean it does exact match on zipcode and probability match on rest of the field's?

Because i am planning to do exact match on 1 field and probability match on 2 fields?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Which probability are you specifying, and where? The match weights are based upon two probabilities; you can read about the mechanisms in the user manual.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
gsym
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by gsym »

sorry, should have explained more clearly.

what i mentioned was M probabilities and u probabilites was .01. I wanted to perform geomatch duplicate on 4 fields and i want 3 out of 4 fields to be exact values and 1 field to be probabilitic match. so if i block on those 3 exact fields, will i solve this one?

Regards,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The blocking fields require an exact match - the probabilities are ignored for these. The probabilities only come into effect to ascertain whether there's enough aggregate match weight in the remaining columns to determine a match. So it appears that you are on the right track.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
gsym
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by gsym »

Thanks ray