Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

gsym
Charter Member
Charter Member

Sequencing the flow

Post by gsym »

hi

Since Qs dosent have a canvas where we can create flows, can we create flows in QS..if so how?. to explain more clearly, I have a file A, this has to undergo split stage and we will get 2 files, one file has to undergo investigation and another file have to undergo split again and so on. Can this be sequenced has one flow? if so. how?

Regards
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can have multiple stages (except investigation stages) in a job, but that's about all there is for sequencing in QualityStage alone. You could, of course, involve DataStage to get your sequencing, using the QS plug-in but, as others have noted, this is not the world's friendliest interface. Or you can script a sequence of QS jobs in a shell script.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
gsym
Charter Member
Charter Member

Can you provide more information regarding scripts?

Post by gsym »

HI Ray

Can you provide more information regarding scripits? like i need to embedded all job names and write a flow in unix? if so should it be exceuted like shell script ...or thru program stage?

If I am using qs plugin in datastage, i read that we can have only one input and work around for that is placing the flatfile in some folder and QS will pick it up. Does it work efficiently? if so whats ur actually saying is calling multiple times QS stage within qualitystage.

Please correct me if i am wrong

Regards

GSym
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

See page 8-8 of the QualityStage User Guide (version 7.5) for information about running QualityStage jobs from the UNIX command line.

I am talking about using multiple QS plug-ins in a DataStage job, not in a QualityStage job. These can stream the data into and out of QualityStage; they do not require intermediate physical files. A dedicated "real time" manager (qsrtmngr) looks after this.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
gsym
Charter Member
Charter Member

But there is only one stream while we have qs plug-in right?

Post by gsym »

I read in previous post that only one input is possible for qs plugin in datastage ? thus if we want to use geomatch which requires 2 setsof streams, what has to be done?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's when you'd need intermediate files. Hopefully "they" have fixed that in the next ("Hawk") release.
gsym
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by gsym »

Hey sorry to ask the question again, just want to make sure man

So what u mean is that we can have 2 sets of streams as input to Qs plug-in and perform geomatch.....etc

regards,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Exactly the opposite. Only one input stream is presently permitted.
gsym
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by gsym »

Then we cant perform geomatch using plug-in? Also if i want to use split stage and have two outputs given to DS, that is 2 links coming out of an QS plugin stage? Whats the work around for performing geomatch using plug-in?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DataStage writes two files, executes QS job (through UNIX command in after-stage subroutine perhaps). Another DataStage job reads the output file produced by QS.

DataStage writes one file to disk, and streams the other into a QS job through the plug-in. I have not tried this approach, but theoretically it should work.
gsym
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by gsym »

Thanks for your patience, i will try and update you on this.

Regards,

gsym