Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

HenryHouet
Charter Member
Charter Member

Standarization Fails

Post by HenryHouet »

Hi,

We have ran into a problem, regarding standarisation behaving different in a windows env and a unix env. We have a field containing the name of a person we want to standardize. In this field there is already a token '~' (which is in the seplist) that is used by the source system for seperation. On my development machine (windowsXP with locale en.US) the standarisation runs fine and finds a pattern 'II+' for 'J C~SHARP'. When I export this to a unix env it sees the same name as pattern 'I@'. Since this unix env is hosted in a other country I assume that is has a different locale. Therefore I set a alternate locale in the job profile to the one I found when performing command 'locale -a' en_US.UTF-8. Next I try to run the job again it throws me a error saying:

STN(14682_001):Wed Jun 07 11:34:56 2006 (MSG_stan.c:7 ; stan.c:525) ERROR: Dire
ctory path environment variable not defined or not
separated from process name by '\', '/', or '.'

STN(14682_001):Wed Jun 07 11:34:56 2006 LOG: 1 records processed
STN(14682_001):Wed Jun 07 11:34:56 2006 (MSG_vutils.c:13; vutils.c:1287) ERROR:
vexit status=1

STN(14682_001):Wed Jun 07 11:34:56 2006 LOG: End

I'm not sure if this is just a server configuration error or that it still has to do with different locales or codepages?

Thanks in advance!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You'd best contact support for the exact cause. I'm guessing that an environment variable such as PWD or PATH is not set, or contains an invalid pathname separator character.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.