physical location of the standardization rule set files in t

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Sgiri1
Participant

physical location of the standardization rule set files in t

Post by Sgiri1 »

Hi,

Can some tell me whats the installation path or the absolute path of the standardization rule set in the server. I am getting a permission denied error message on trying to open the rule set files. Need to look at the permission of the files.

Thanks
Meera
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

On the client or on the server? Which particular Rule Set?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Sgiri1
Participant

Post by Sgiri1 »

On the server.Its the AUNAME standardization rule set for AUSTRALIA.
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Are you getting 'permission denied' when opening the rule SET object in the repository, or are you getting a 'read only' message when you try to modify a rule set component?

Can you please post a bit more about what you are doing just before you get the message?
Regards,
Robert
Sgiri1
Participant

Post by Sgiri1 »

I do the following steps:

I login to datastage designer and under repository there is a folder called 'standardization rules'. There is a subfolder called 'Australia' and within which another subfolder 'AUNAME'. There is a ruleset called 'AUNAME' within it. On double clicking it a window opens called 'RULE MANAGEMENT'. There are many rule sets under it like,CLASSIFICATION,DICTIONARY,PATTERN etc.
While trying to open one of which ,a dialog box pops up, which says "EDITOR WILL OPEN FOR VIEWING ONLY,CHANGES WILL NOT BE SAVED". On click ing the OK button, i get another dialog box immediately saying

"EditRuleFile: Permission Denied(70)"

I tried this taking a copy of the AUNAME ruleset as well, but still i get the same error. I suspect this should be file permission issue. But i am not sure which file to give permission to.
Sgiri1
Participant

Post by Sgiri1 »

I do the following steps:

I login to datastage designer and under repository there is a folder called 'standardization rules'. There is a subfolder called 'Australia' and within which another subfolder 'AUNAME'. There is a ruleset called 'AUNAME' within it. On double clicking it a window opens called 'RULE MANAGEMENT'. There are many rule sets under it like,CLASSIFICATION,DICTIONARY,PATTERN etc.
While trying to open one of which ,a dialog box pops up, which says "EDITOR WILL OPEN FOR VIEWING ONLY,CHANGES WILL NOT BE SAVED". On click ing the OK button, i get another dialog box immediately saying

"EditRuleFile: Permission Denied(70)"

I tried this taking a copy of the AUNAME ruleset as well, but still i get the same error. I suspect this should be file permission issue. But i am not sure which file to give permission to.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

On the server there's a directory called Quality in the project directory. The ruleset files are store in this directory. Therefore you need rwx permission to this directory for the agent process (usually given to the dstage group). If no rule sets have been provisioned this directory may not exist, so you need rwx permission to the project directory (again usually given to the dstage group).
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

When opening the rules on the client, QualityStage takes a copy of the thing you are editing and places it in C:\IBM\InformationServer\Clients\Classic\QS_TEMP. Please make sure you have permission to that directory.

The directory Ray referes to is used when Provisioning rules.
Regards,
Robert
Sgiri1
Participant

Post by Sgiri1 »

Hi Robert,

I do not QS_TEMP the folder in the path you specified(C:\IBM\InformationServer\Clients\Classic).

The folders under the Classic folder are _uninst,Assistants,de-DE,en-US,es-ES,fr-FR,it-IT,ja,ja-JP,ko-KR,pt-BR,Templates,WeightLib,zh-CN,zh-TW

Please Advice
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Maybe you don't have read, write, execute permission to the Classic folder and therefore can't create the QS_TEMP folder.

(I answered about the server because you asked about the server.)
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Do you have the necessary permissions to create directories under that folder?
It will attempt to create QS_TEMP and is probably giving you the error because you don't have permission.

[Pipped at the post (sic) by Ray.]
Sgiri1
Participant

Post by Sgiri1 »

Hi All,

Thanks for the inputs. Issue resolved. I will mark the thread as resolved
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What was the resolution?