Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

mdbatra
Premium Member
Premium Member

Reference Match Stage aborting

Post by mdbatra »

Hi,
I am running a job with Reference Match stage. I am able to test my Pass in the Match specification and the job as well was running fine.

Now suddenly the job is getting aborted because of the below warning/error.

Warning: "rmDelivryOffcAndOrgName,0: Maximum # relabelling loops exceed limit (1000)"
Error: rmDelivryOffcAndOrgName,0: Fatal Error: isUsable() is false on the accessor interfacing to field "Org_Extension".

"Org_Extension" is the column used for blocking. Is it because of the reason that this attribute contains very few distinct values resulting in less no. of blocks and hence overflowing or something ? Not sure.

The job has been running good for a volume of 10,000 records earlier. This time, even the volume is also lesser ( ~ 3,000).

Would appreciate any guidance on this.
Rgds,
MB
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Sounds like a severe case of block overflow (check the Director log for messages about this). Can you add one or two more blocking fields?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

You ideally want a large number of small blocks.
Block too loosley and you're going to be comparing apples vs oranges, just because they're both fruit. :wink:
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

You ideally want a large number of small blocks.
Block too loosley and you're going to be comparing apples vs oranges, just because they're both fruit. :wink:
mdbatra
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mdbatra »

The job is running fine on its own again :)
But, to be on safer side, i have added extra blocking columns.

One more thing, do we have any way to parameterize the Match specifications in the Reference match stage or something like that to provision Match specifications at Run Time.
Rgds,
MB
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There's no scope for parameters in the Match Specification itself. Nor, as far as I can tell, can you use a parameter for the Match Specification in a Reference Match stage or an Unduplicate Match stage. Why would you want to?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mdbatra
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mdbatra »

Fine :) Thanks very much.
Rgds,
MB